This creamy soup uses chestnut flour. Chestnut flour has a distinctive flavor that is enhanced by ginger. It’s good way to warm up a chilly night.
CREAM OF PUMPKIN AND CHESTNUT SOUP
Preparation time: 30 minutes | Cooking time: 60 minutes
22 oz. of pumpkin, cut into pieces (you can use a sugar pumpkin or other small flavorful winter squash)
1 small onion
4 sage leaves
1 cup of chestnut flour
1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
2 tablespoons of organic granulated vegetable broth (such as Rapunzel Pure Organic Vegetable Soup Broth) or 1 bouillon cube
6 cups of water
2 tablespoons of butter
- Place the pumpkin, onion, sage and a little salt in a saucepan and cover with water. Boil for about 30 minutes on high heat.
- Mix the butter and chestnut flour with your hands (see recipe Chestnut Gnocchi with Autumn Sauce).
- Whisk in the pumpkin and cooking liquid with an immersion blender.
- Add the ball of flour and butter to the soup and stir with a whisk.
- Simmer until the soup becomes more dense.
- Add the granulated vegetable broth and ginger. Stir quickly and serve very hot.