This dish was invented from the idea to use scallops, a shellfish typical of the Venetian lagoon which are in abundance and quality of fish in my country, in another way. Normally they are frozen and thawed but in this time of year they are sold carrying their freshly caught scent of the sea.
Scallops are usually eaten fried or in combination with other ingredients for tasty fish sauce. I thought I could combine them with green asparagus to mutually enhance the flavor. The result was a paring that was tasty and light.
You have to spend quite a long time cleaning the scallops which has a small black bag that represents the gut. This preparation takes away any bitter taste. To do this you must use a scissors and cut the bag at the base.
The preparation is a unique dish and carbohydrates, fish, and vegetables make a complete meal.
TAGLIOLINI WITH SCALLOPS AND ASPARAGUS
Preparation time: 30 minutes | Cooking time: 15 minutes
1 pound scallops
1 pound green asparagus
½ pound of tagliolini or egg based pasta
a sprig of wild fennel
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 clove of garlic
2 tablespoon of butter
1 teaspoon White Martini
salt and pepper
- Clean the scallops removing the black bag, wash and dry gently with paper towels. Remove the toughest part of the asparagus stalk. Then cut into slices whole leaving the tip. Boil water for pasta.
- Pour the olive oil in a pan with a clove of garlic. When the sauce is ho, add the asparagus and season with salt and pepper. Cook over high heat for 7-8 minutes. Remove the asparagus with a spoon and keep them in a dish.
- Add the sauce to the pan and add the scallops. Cook over high heat for 4 minutes, pour in the martini and continue cooking for three minutes with salt and pepper. Turn off the heat and add theasparagus to the pan. Add the pieces of butter.
- When water boils, add the salt and add the pasta. Follow the directions on the package for the cooking time.
- When the pasta is ready, pour a few tablespoons of cooking water into the pot of sauce, add the pasta and sautee for 1 minute.
- Distribute on individual plates handing over a little ‘washed and chopped wild fennel. Serve immediately.