Writing a recipe for tomatoes and cucumbers is certainly banal. It is simply a dish that even those who can not cook prepare. However last Sunday I decided to make the salad in an unusual way by presenting it as if it were the main course. I also used an aromatic condiment. The effect of the dish and the flavor was very pleasing, so I decided to propose it. This example reminds us that in the kitchen “beautiful” and “good” are always delicious together.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
2 large tomatoes like beefsteak
5 cherry tomatoes
1 sprig of fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried
2 cloves of garlic
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper
- In a small bowl prepare the dressing by mixing together the chopped oregano leaves, garlic that has been cut into large pieces, salt and pepper, oil and vinegar. With a fork, whisk the sauce.
- Wash and dry all vegetables.
- Cut tomatoes into rather thick wedges. Leave on the peel cucumber and cut into long sticks. Cut tomatoes in half.
- Arrange the vegetables on the plate as if it were a flower centerpeice made out of tomatoes.
- Evenly pour the sauce with a spoon over the vegetables, bring to the table and let everyone serve themselves.