The dish can be presented as an appetizer or as a main course, it depends on the quantity. The doses written here are those of an entree. This is recipe published in the Christmas special of the magazine “A TAVOLA” from 1997. Every so often, when I need to relax, I browse my old magazines in the kitchen. I realize that I picked it up I had no particular interest in recipes, I just bought the magazine, and now my eyes take it to a different importance. It’s the sign that our tastes change, and if we pay attention to all the information we receive about food, we will definitely improve in our cooking.
SHRIMP WITH TWO CELERY
Preparation time: 20 minutes | Cooking time: 12 minutes
16 large shelled prawns or jumbo shrimp
3 stalks of green celery
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Peel the celeriac. Cut it into slices and then into thin sticks.
- Cut the celery stalks into small pieces. Keep a few leaves for decoration.
- In a pan pour 1 tablespoon of oil, add the celery and cook in a covered container for 7-8 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon sticks of celery and keep them in a pot.
- Pour in the same pan, 1 more tablespoon of olive oil and add the celery stalks and two tablespoons of water. Boil for one minute, then remove from pan celery with its liquid.
- In the same pan pour 1 tablespoon of olive oil and cook the prawns for 3 minutes. Pour into the pan with the sauce the two celery cooking. Add the juice of half a lemon. Season with salt and pepper, heat for a minute.
- Arrange on individual plates and garnish with the leaves kept aside.