This post is also available in: Italiano
You still find apricots in the market in July. I found this recipe in a book by Marianne Paquin: “In Tavola Appena Colti!” The combination of apricots and rosemary really interested me and I wanted to experience it. My family loved it. We could define it as a nice treat to substitute dessert.
Apricots in Wine and RosemaryCourse: Dessert, Recipes
3 sprigs of rosemary
1 cup sweet white wine
1 tablespoon cane sugar
1 vanilla bean or ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Wash the rosemary, dry it, and divide it into 24 small sprigs.
- Wash and dry the apricots, cut them in half and take out the pit.
- Insert a half a small sprig of rosemary in each apricot, as in the photo.
- In a large saucepan pour the wine and the vanilla and cover halfway.
- When it boils add in the apricots with the cut side up without overlapping them. Continue cooking for 15 minutes.
- Let cool and serve on dessert plates with the cooking liquid.