This post is also available in: Italiano
The various preparations of sole are a classic in international cuisine for special occasions. This recipe can easily be served at a formal dinner. In this case you can change the side matching perhaps some garden peas or potatoes with thyme.
SOLE ROLL WITH SHELLFISH
Preparation time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 30 minutes
8 sole fillets
8 Argentinian large shelled shrimp
16 slices of sliced pancetta
5 sage leaves
1 small glass of Martini Bianco
½ tablespoon of butter
salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Wash and dry the shrimp and sole fillets.
- Grease a rectangular baking dish with butter.
- Place the shrimp tails the center of each fillet, leaving the last part of the tail sticking out. Fold the sides of the fillet on top themselves and place it overlapping in the pan. On top each roll, place 2 strips of pancetta.
- Sprinkle the chopped sage leaves over the fish. Sprinkle with Martini and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the pancetta is crispy.
Serve accompanied by the pancetta.