This post is also available in: Italiano
At Christmas many families want to respect the tradition of Panettone or Pandoro as the dessert. It is an easy way to serve dessert without the aggravation of extra work. If the product is of good quality, this is a good choice. However, if you want to offer something prepared by you, these hearts will help you bring the flavors of Christmas to the table without too much effort.
SWEET HEARTS OF CHRISTMAS
Preparation time: 30 minutes | Cooking time: 15 minutes
(For 8 hearts)
1 package of square puff pastry
4 1⁄2 ounces of mascarpone
2 heaping tablespoons of chestnut cream
3 marron glace
1 teaspoon Grand Marnier
3⁄4 cups heavy cream (for whipped cream)
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
1 tablespoon cocoa
3.5 oz of torrone with almonds
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon of sugar
- Cut heart shape with a cookie cutter out of the puff pastry, you will derive 16 hearts.
- Beat the egg in a bowl with two tablespoons of water and a teaspoon of sugar. With a fork, prick the hearts. Brush with the beaten egg yolk.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. The hearts will be golden.
- Meanwhile Prepare the filling. Incorporate the mascarpone with the chestnut cream and add in the Grand Marnier. Assemble the cream and then add the crumbled marron glace.
- Whip the cream and add 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Put the torrone in a towel and break it into crumbs with a hammer.
- Remove the hearts from the oven and allow to cool. Take 8 hearts and gently press the surface to form a dimple. Place a tablespoon of cream with a dollop of whipped cream over the crumbs of the torrone, complete with a pastry heart.
- Sift on individual plates a bit of the cocoa powder. Place the heart in the center then on top of each heart sprinkle a bit of powdered sugar. Consume immediately.