This post is also available in: Italiano
Sformatinos are always a nice way to start a meal. I experimented with steaming using the same pot where I steam the vegetables and the result creates a very soft sformatino. The cheese sauce is the same sauce that you find in Pumpkin Lasagna. The pumpkin is cooked the day before so the preparation of the dish is faster.
SQUASH SFORMATINO WITH WALNUT SAUCE
Preparation time: 15 minutes | Cooking time for pumpkin: 30 minutes | Cooking the sformatino: 20 minutes
1 cup of pumpkin or squash steamed
¾ cup of ricotta
3 tablespoons of parmesan cheese
salt and pepper
a little butter to grease the molds
- Break up the walnuts and chop the kernels.
- Mash the flesh of the pumpkin with a fork after it is steamed and mix with a wooden spoon to get a creamy consistency. Add the ricotta, egg, and parmesan cheese. Mix thoroughly.
- Grease 6 individual molds (use the ones with aluminum foil in supermarkets), fill them with two tablespoons of the mixture.
- Put the molds on the basket of a pot for steaming that has already been heated up. Cover tightly to prevent the escape of steam. After 20 minutes, the pies are cooked.
- While cooking, prepare the sauce according to the recipe Pumpkin Lasagna. Arrange on each plate a little sauce, topple over the sformatino and decorate with nuts.