This post is also available in: Italiano
This recipe was created by my brother-in-law Attilio for our Easter lunch. Attilio is an avid reader of the magazine “Salt and Pepper” and this recipe was taken from the March issue. It seems interesting because it represents a different way to present, even during a important lunch, the classic eggs and asparagus dish. Together it is very fresh and pleasant.
Preparation time: 30 minutes | Cooking time: 10 minutes
1 bag of prewashed mixed salad, about ½ pound
1 head of radicchio di Treviso
16 green asparagus
2 hard boiled eggs
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper
- Thoroughly clean the asparagus by removing the hard parts and filaments.
- Boil water in a pot that can hold a steaming basket. Place the basket inside with the asparagus and continue cooking for about 15 minutes.
- Boil the eggs for 8 minutes in cold water. Remove the eggs from the pan and set aside to cool. When cool, remove the shells and chop up into small pieves with the anchovies and capers.
- Clean the head of radicchio di Treviso.
- Place on individual dessert plates and a bit of salad, 4 leaves of radicchio di Treviso, in the center place the asparagus, cut into small rounds and top with the egg sauce.