This post is also available in: Italiano
During the month of January, citrus fruits are excellent and it is good to use them as much as possible in the kitchen not only as a fruit. This way we can make lighter dishes that are tasty and contain a good supply of vitamin C. This recipe uses oranges for a preparation of the fish. It’s a recipe found in a magazine 20 years ago that I reworked introducing buckwheat and spelt (farro) flour. It is very fast and an excellent preparation.
SOLE FILLETS WITH ORANGES
Preparation time: 30 minutes | Cooking time: 15 minutes
8 sole fillets
2 Belgian endives
5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
4 tablespoons heavy cream
½ teaspoon of Worcester sauce
2 tablespoons of buckwheat flour
2 tablespoons spelt or farro flour
4 tablespoons sliced almonds
salt and pepper
- In a sautee pan toast the almonds turning them until they are golden. Remove them from the pan and keep aside.
- Wash sole fillets and drain but do not dry them.
- Wash the lettuce Belgian cut in half by removing the inner core. Then cut into strips and place in a bowl.
- Wash and slice thinly slice the oranges along with their peel. Mix them with the endive. Season with salt and pepper and two tablespoons of olive oil.
- Mix the two flours in a large dish, flour the fillets.
- In the pan pour 4 tablespoons of olive oil. When hot, sautee the fillets 5 minutes per side, add salt and pepper to taste, pour in the orange juice and after 1 minute, add the cream in which you have added the Worcester sauce.
- Place two fillets on each plate with a little sauce and toasted almonds, then place a little bit of the orange salad on the side.