This post is also available in: Italiano
With this recipe I intend to start publishing recipes for one person. The same can also be made for more people, just multiply the number of ingredients by the number of diners. I thought that this can be useful to the many people who live alone and who, especially at a time like this (pandemic), cannot organize lunches or have friends over.
Eating a meal alone does not necessarily mean preparing sad and monotonous dishes. Varying your diet, adding color to your dish is also essential for a healthy life. Furthermore, using the right quantities for one person helps to avoid having leftovers and not having to eat the same things over several days. In this recipe I used very small peppers that have been found in supermarkets for some years. They are packaged in transparent boxes and are of mixed colors, they are tender and cook in a few minutes, ideal for coloring a single person’s plate. Initially they were imported from Florida but now they are also grown in Sicily.
Cod Fillet with PeppersCourse: Fish, Recipes
1 cod filet
4 small red and yellow peppers
6 capers in salt
4 Taggiasca olives
1 spring onion
2 tablespoons of olive oil
Salt and pepper
1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
11/2 glass of water and white wine (half water and half wine)
- Cut the spring onion into thin slices
- Cut the peppers into small pieces
- Pour the oil, onion and peppers into a non-stick pan
- Turn on the heat and fry the onion and peppers for 5 minutes
- Dissolve the turmeric in the liquid (water and wine) and pour into the pan, cook for another 10 minutes over medium heat
- Wash the capers with cold water to remove the salt and pour them into the pan
- Add the Taggiasca olives
- Wash the fillet and dry it thoroughly
- Make a space in the center of the pan to insert the fillet.
- Cook for about 4/5 minutes per side
- Add salt and pepper and serve piping hot