This post is also available in: Italiano
This is a very fresh and summer way to enjoy a trout.
The salad can be prepared in the morning to be consumed in the evening.
In this case, the seasoning (salt, pepper, olive oil) must be added just a few minutes before serving. The dose is for one person so that even if you are alone you can benefit from this flavor and the beautiful colors that shine on your plate.
Summer Trout Salad
1 trout of about 400 gr possibly wild
2 small peppers 1 red and 1 yellow
1 stick of white celery
1 small spring onion
4/5 basil leaves
3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
4 pitted green olives
Salt and pepper
- For the court bouillon (broth for cooking trout)
1 stick of celery with leaves
4 parsley stalks
1 bay leaf
1 tablespoon of vinegar
1 liter of water
- Thoroughly clean the trout.
- Arrange the vegetables for the court bouillon, the water and the salt in a pot that can hold the trout. Simmer over low heat for 20 minutes.In una pentola che possa contenere la trota stesa sistemare le verdure per il court bouillon, l’acqua e il sale. Fate bollire a fuoco lento per 20 minuti.
- Add the trout and cook over moderate heat for another 20 minutes, covering the pot with the lid.
- While cooking the trout, cut all the vegetables into small squares and keep them in a bowl.
- Then remove the trout from the broth and let it cool.
As soon as it has cooled, remove the skin and, being very careful, remove the pulp and reduce it to pieces.
- Arrange it on a serving dish and pour over all the vegetables. Close with cling film and keep refrigerated.
- Just before serving, add salt and pepper and olive oil.