This post is also available in: Italiano
This recipe is especially dedicated for those who have planted herbs in a garden or on a balcony. During the winter season the herbs dry out and then return to life in the spring. This is therefore an appropriate time to pick them and prepare Maître d’Hôtel Butter. Properly stored in a freezer, this compound butter will allow you to enjoy the flavor of herbs during the cold season and impress your guests by adding it on top preparations baked or grilled fish or meat. It is very suitable for a little slice of fillet cooked quickly without any other condiments.
To clarify its realization we decided to photograph the preparation.
Around 2 1/2 sticks of butter (250 grams)
A bunch of herbs, any type that you have
If you buy herbs pick up: marjoram, oregano, thyme, chives, tarragon
Salt (not needed if you are using salted butter)
- Set the butter out at room temperature for about an hour.
- Finely chop the herbs.
- Add the butter to a bowl, add a little salt and the herbs.
- Mix thoroughly (with your hands).
- Cut 4 rectangles of parchment paper that has been previously soaked in water.
- Place on each rectangle a bit of the compound butter and with the aid of the paper, form a cylinder and wrap as if you were making a candy.
- Put in freezer until the butter is needed.To use, remove from freezer and cut it with a knife into small wheels, one is enough for each diner, store in the freezer.
Pingback: Mackerel with Lemon | we cook at home