This post is also available in: Italiano
100 g of 00 flour
100 g of corn starch
150 g of sugar + 2 tbsp
3 golden delicious apples
1 small jar of whole plain yogurt of 125 g
125 g of seed oil (use the same jar of yogurt as a measure)
1 lemon (juice and grated peel)
2 tablespoons of rum
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1/2 sachet of yeast
A little butter for the pan
2 tablespoons of icing sugar
1 cake tin 26 cm in diameter
- Peel the apples. Divide them into 4 parts. With a fork, carve the pulp creating furrows.
- Arrange the apples on a plate, sprinkle them with the two tablespoons of sugar. Squeeze a little lemon over each wedge.
- Turn on the oven at 350F degrees
- Separate the yolks from the whites
- Whip the egg yolks with the sugar, add the yogurt, the oil, the grated lemon peel and the juice of half a lemon, the vanilla and the rum. Mix thoroughly.
- Mix the two flours with the baking powder and add to the dough.
- Whip the egg whites until stiff and add them delicately to the mixture.
- Grease a cake pan with a little butter, pour the mixture. Gently place the apples on the surface.
- Bake for 40 minutes (ventilated oven), before removing the cake from the oven, insert a toothpick into the dough to make sure it comes out clean
- Remove the cake from the oven, let it cool, sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.